Social distancing is not something that comes naturally to many people, though there are some benefits to staying at home with your family. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
10. Family meals are a given, as long as you already had the ingredients in the pantry.
9. Fur babies rejoice that their humans are home all day and can let them in and out, and in and out, and in and out.
8. A clean house due to a full family cleaning crew…what else are they going to do? And you can hear the washing machine, so there’s a good chance you won’t be washing the same load three times like you normally do.
7. A simple family walk is exciting entertainment. Be mindful of the bicyclist and joggers…6′ please.
6. Board games, card games, and puzzles – The dusty game closet comes to life and kills the boredom.
5. Knocking your 2020 reading goals out of the park. (Gotta use the sports metaphors somewhere, cause there ain’t no sports to watch.)
4. Devices are like mute buttons for your children (or your spouse).
3. The short commute to the home office. 12 steps…it’s a lot.
2. You can be like Jesus – take naps. Lots of naps. (And, of course, read your Bible.)
And the number 1 reason social distancing is beneficial…
- Pajamas pants can’t be seen on a conference call.